World Religions – Christianity
This module will provide students with an introduction to the religion of Christianity. The module will familiarize students with Christian religious history as well as the beliefs and practices of Christianity. From there, students will complete the Timeline Activity, organizing important events from Christian history in the proper order. On this module’s Discussion Board, the student will order four figures from Christian history from greatest to least based on their contribution to Christian tradition. Finally, the student will demonstrate proficiency of this Learning Unit through the module assessments.(1)
This module aligns with Learning Outcome 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Upon completion of this module, the student will be able to:
- Describe the development of the New Testament in the early Christian era.
- Explain significant elements associated with the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Discuss and identify the importance of the apostle Paul for shaping Christian practice and teaching.
- Discuss the social context that gave rise to Christianity in the Roman Empire.
- Recognize the importance of the seven sacraments within the Christian ritual tradition.
- Identify essential elements related to Christian theology.
- Recognize the ways in religious challenges shaped Christian theology over the course of its history. (1)
Learning Unit 7
Assignments and Learning Activities
- Complete Module 7 Discussion
- Complete Christianity Timeline Activity
- Complete Module 7 Quiz
- Submit Comparative Religion Essay