World Religions – Islam
This module will provide students with an introduction to the religion of Islam. The module will familiarize students with Islamic religious history as well as Islamic beliefs and practices. From there, students will complete the Timeline Activity, organizing important events from Islamic history in the proper order. On this module’s Discussion Board, the student will assess how far the religion of Islam is a religion that is first and foremost defined by practice. Finally, the student will demonstrate proficiency of this Learning Unit through the module assessments. (1)
This module aligns with Learning Outcome 1, 2, 3, 5, and 5.
Upon completion of this module, the student will be able to:
- Explain significant elements associated with the life and teachings of Muhammad.
- List and analyze the Five Pillars of Islam.
- Discuss the significance of the Qur’an within the Islamic faith.
- Describe the historical development of the Islamic faith following the life of Muhammad.
- Recognize similarities and differences between Islam and other Western religious traditions.
- Identify ways in which Islam reflects a religion of practice.
- Identify essential elements related to Muslim theology. (1)
Learning Unit 8
Assignments and Learning Activities
- Complete Module 8 Discussion
- Complete Islam Timeline Activity
- Complete Module 8 Quiz
- Complete Exam