72 Module 7 Assessments
Discussion Board: Discussion Question 4
This discussion aligns with Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 6, 7, and 8
Prompt: After reading the chapters for Module 8, address the issue of stigmatization regarding psychological disorders as well as seeking treatment. Include the issue of medication for these problems and how and why use of prescription medications might be stigmatized. Reference as appropriate. (1)
Instructions: Students should complete their assigned readings and consult the discussion rubric before posting on discussion board for each module.
- Post your initial question responses by the middle of the week so everyone has a chance to respond to your answers later in the week.
- You should return throughout the week to review the initial post made by your classmates and to reply meaningfully to at least 2 postings made by other students.
- You are expected to post to the forum in correct sentence and paragraph format. Remember to check for correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Read the comments of others in your class before you post. (1)
You can review an example as an example of discussion response.
Grading: This discussion assignment is worth 30 points toward your final grade and will be graded using the Discussion Rubric . Please use it as a guide toward successful completion of this assignment.
Course Assignment: Critical Thinking Assignment 7
This assignment aligns with Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7
Instructions: This assignment consists of 4 questions that are to be answered in a brief essay format. Each question is worth 15 points for a total of 60 points. Answers should be a minimum of 6-8 well thought out and well constructed sentences, demonstrating an understanding of the question/concept presented.
- After reading the different theories presented in the text, which theory do you think best represents your view of personality development? Explain your reasoning from a personal perspective, based on our experiences.
- Choose 2 of the defense mechanisms listed on page 376 of the textbook and, from your own experiences, give behavioral examples of how you have seen these defense mechanisms used by you or someone close to you.
- Erik Erikson developed a theory of development defined as a “psychosocial theory”. He proposed 8 stages of development from birth to old age/death. He identified a “crisis” at each stage that must be resolved. Explain what Erikson meant by “Psychosocial theory” and purpose of “crisis resolution” in his stages.
- Define the concepts of “Prejudice” and “Discrimination”. Identify two (2) examples of each and identify circumstances that might lead to the development of each behavior. (1)
Notes: Minimum of 5-7 well thought out and well constructed sentences demonstrating an understanding of the question/concept presented. Suggest that you submit writing to Online Tutoring-Smarthinking under Tools & Resources for proofreading before submitting the writing to SafeAssign. (1)
Submission: This assignment uses SafeAssign™ to check originality. The overall SafeAssign™ matching score on the Originality Report must be 15% or less. Assignments that result in the SafeAssign™ score greater than 15% receive no credit. To submit your file, choose the assignment link above. Use the “Browse My Computer” button in the Attach File area to attach your documents. Be sure to complete your submission by choosing the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
Grading: The assignment is worth 60 points toward your final grade and will be graded using the Critical Thinking Rubric . Please use it as a guide toward successful completion of this assignment.